Forum Thread: My FoxPro Began to Be Have Strangely.

I didn't use the newest version, because I was used to it and thought it was more convenient in my work, but recently it began to give me a lot of mistakes during my work, which forced me to update the software. With the update, the errors did not appear again, but the important file was corrupted. The DBF file tried to open the plugin from the TotalCommander BaseView. Opens with hieroglyphs: Then I did not understand DBF and came here. What to do with it now?

1 Response

There is a method below, it is operated via MS Excel. Another way to recover dbf online might Google search query for special instruments - there you may find this one guide and others.

Try opening the .dbf file in Excel or other program that supports opening the .dbf format.

Once opened in Excel you should be able to view the file, delete any "bad data", and resave to a new name (with the .dbf extension).

Also possible to create a new table with the structure of the old table, append records from the old to the new. May salvage records until the corruption is encountered.

Share Your Thoughts

• Hot
  • Active